A Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm designed to provide financial services to high net worth individuals is using IAM technology to remain competitive and provide attractive services to both clients and Wealth Advisors. The firm also needed to establish business relationships with strategic partners delivering a variety of services, including fixed income inventory and strategies, retirement planning, a private trust and banking division, insurance & annuities, and more.
- Embedding cloud SSO portal into Sharepoint – The firm was already using Sharepoint as their company portal. The cloud IAM SSO portal needed to be integrated into Sharepoint as a webpart.
- Non-SAML applications – The firm was using more than a dozen on-demand applications that didn’t support federation standards such as SAML. The solution had to support single sign-on (SSO) into such applications as well.
- Branding and customization – The solution should be re-brandable and customizable to company’s look-n-feel as it gets rolled out to the firm’s clients.
On top of it, being part of regulated industry where they are responsible for handling their client’s financial assets, they needed a solution that was secure from end-to-end. The firm chose Intel Expressway Cloud Access 360 (ECA360), and rolled out the solution for its Wealth Advisors initially with a plan to roll it out to its clients in the future.
How did Intel Cloud Access 360 fill their requirements?
- Embedding cloud SSO portal into Sharepoint – Cloud Access 360 SSO portal publishing all the applications that can be single signed on, can be fully embedded into Sharepoint as a webpart without requiring any additional authentication.
- Non-SAML applications – Cloud Access 360 supported all the desired applications through either native connectors using custom APIs or form based authentication.
- Branding and customization – The logo and look-n-feel of the end-user facing SSO portal page of Cloud Access 360 can be completely branded and customized using CSS style sheets.
According to the firm’s CIO, “The flexibility, security and other capabilities provided by Intel Expressway Cloud Access 360 will enable it’s firm to leapfrog legacy RIA environments and offer an architecture to harness the entire financial services Rolodex* in a seamless, connected experience.”
Looking for more of such customer case studies – find them here