Follow the data
The platform helps build secure bridge to the cloud by securing all content and data traffic – including web, identity and email traffic – moving between an organization and the cloud. “By securing the data and traffic before it travels to or through the cloud, we help businesses extend their security practices and policies into the cloud.”, said Marc Olesen, senior vice president and general manager, Content and Cloud Security, McAfee.
Forrester’s Jonathan Penn noted that as data and applications are moving to the cloud, customers are faced with 2 issues • How do I secure the data? • How do I control access to the applications consuming data?
While McAfee Web Protection and McAfee Email Protection stops threats to web and email data, Intel ECA360 secures access to cloud applications and Services Gateway secures access and stops threats to cloud services.
- Get access control to cloud applications
- Reduce risk through multi-factor authentication and automated de-provisioning
- Increase compliance through centralized audit store logging access to all cloud applications
- Federated Single Sign-On (SSO) – into SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Google, and custom applications deployed on PaaS.
- 2-factor strong authentication – provided through convenient mobile tokens or SMS and email.
- Provisioning and De-Provisioning of users – policy based automation of this task
ECA360 co-exists with McAfee Web Protection (on-prem or SaaS) through the following deployment architecture.